Saturday, January 10, 2009

Savannah, Georgia

We are in Savannah, Georgia! We came back to visit Brady's mission. I wanted to post and let everyone know that we were leaving, but I didn't have time before we left. But, we arrived Thursday afternoon and it has been WONDERFUL! Here's an overview of what we've been doing.

Thursday- survived (barely) a long day of flying with two stops along the way, topped off the day with some good 'ol southern fried chicken.

Friday - We toured the historic part of Savannah, which is gorgeous! We spent most of the day shopping on the famous River Street. It was pretty cold and breezy, so I had to buy a sweatshirt right away. We even bought little gloves.
The historic sites are so neat and the trees are beautiful! They hang over the streets and have spanish moss hanging down off of them! Ther e are tons of squares and parks with monuments and fountains.
We then went out to Tybee Island and checked into a darling hotel. Then we went out on the pier where Brady had caught a 6 foot stingray while he was on his mission. We ate an amazing dinner of oysters, shrimp, and crab legs at the Crab Shack! It was a great day!
Saturday- It was a lot warmer today. It got up to about 70 degrees. We got up and went down and got our feet in the water.
We checked out of our hotel and stopped by the Tybee Island Lighthouse before heading back into Savannah.

We ate lunch with a family that Brady taught and had macaroni and cheese, black eyed peas, greens, and fried chicken. Some good southern cookin'!
We visited a few more people then went to the church for a "Low Country Boil." What is a low country boil, you ask? It's shrimp, corn on the cob, sausage, and potatoes all boiled up in southern spices (The picture is not a picture of our low southern boil, it was just a random one I found on the internet). They just dump it out on the table and you just pick out what you want. I'm a big fan now!

Tomorrow we are headed to Tifton for a day then we leave to come home on Tuesday morning. It's been a wonderful get-away!

6 comments:

Amy said...

FUN! I'm totally putting that on my list of places to visit when I have time and money! haha. You are such a cute little preggers girl!! I loved the pics! I'm glad you guys are having such a fun time!

RoShawn said...

Looks wonderul! Im so glad you guys got to go!

Anonymous said...

I loved it in Savannah! It was one of the coolest places I have every visited. We stayed right on River Street. I hope you had a great time!

Lacey Sue said...

Sounds like a total blast!!!

The Mangelson's said...

It sounds and look like you guys are having a great time there. I'm glad. Those pictures are really nice. Thanks for sharing them. I hope you keep having a great time and enjoying as much as possible.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! We were just in Savannah two weeks ago! That is so cool! You've got to get on Facebook, you're the only one in your family that isn't on it. Anyway, if you do, check out my page and I've posted some pictures of our trip to Savannah. Have fun and we'll have to talk about it when you get back!