Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 2nd

Once again here we go with Summer Traditions! 4th of July is one of my favorites. The night before the 4th (well, in this case it was the night before the 3rd) we always get together in Grantsville to roast hot dogs and marshmallows in my parents' backyard.

Ashley and Rebecca, who had just signed up for the Ray Barrus run. Ashley signed up to run the mile, and she was excited to sport her the shirt she got for the run. I promised Rebecca I would run the 5k with her for several years now. But, somehow I keep avoiding it... the first year, I just didn't know she was planning to run, and I was unprepared. The next year I had a new baby and wasn't about to run. Then this year I was not there for the actual run, and even if I were, I injured my back and I've been walking like an old grandma all weekend. (I injured my back reaching for a toy... just tell me how one does that?) I wonder what awesome excuse I can come up with next year so I don't have to run!!!


All the pyros in training. Dustin was letting off fireworks with his little clan of pyro followers. Some of the parachutes kept getting blown into the neighbor's trees. Blasted wind!


Grandpa Orgill acting silly to make Stockton laugh. These two love each other so much and it's so cute!




We rented a bounce house, which was a hit with all the kids.


Especially the biggest kid of all... Brady.


Stockton was slightly terrified being inside. That poor little look of panic on his face!

Too cool for school.
Brad, Nikki, Devon and his friend Brock jumping on the tramp.
Bec and Brock bouncing on the bounce house.

Stratton and Stockton. Notice the hand near Stockton's face. That was Stratton's attempt of getting Stockton to look at the camera... just push his face forward... But, hey it worked!

Emily and Ashley going down the slide. I love the "scared" look.
Mommy and Stockton playing on the lawn chair. See how I'm hunched over? I was not just trying to get down in the pic to be by Stockton, I literally couldn't straighten up more than this because of my darn back. But, it was so fun to be with the family, I love this tradition!

1 comment:

Lacey Sue said...

Adorable! Your family is growing so much! I love the old Orgill Clan!! :) Glad your 4th (hmmm...3rd) of July was a hit! :)