Friday, July 2, 2010

Summer Traditions

I love traditions, especially summer traditions. Because I love being out in the warm weather, I love spending time with family, and did I mention I love the warm weather?!


This year it looks like we started our own new family tradition: attending the Country Fest parade in South Jordan. Stockton didn't know what was going on, but he just loves being outside, just like his Mom. So he was completely content just waiting for the parade to start.


Watching the highway patrolmen do fancy tricks on their motorcycles. I think this was Stockton's favorite part. (Even though his face looks less than enthused, he really was into it.)


Loved this float with the giant fish!

And we loved this float showing that we live in the only city in the world with TWO temples!

After the parade we went up to Snowbird, where my family always stays each year to celebrate Father's Day/my dad's birthday. This was Stockton's first time in a swimming pool and he loved it! He kept kicking and bouncing trying to make his little floaty "go". So cute!

Finally it got a little too breezy down at the pool, so we got in the hot tub on the deck of our condo for a while.

Stockton dancing with Grandpa Orgill to "Why Don't We Just Dance?!" by Josh Turner. (For the record, I am not a country music fan, but that is a FUN song! All of us got up and danced to it!)


The next weekend we met up with our friends, the Doxeys, for the Taylorsville Dayzz fireworks. Here is Brady with hi good friend Jess and their baby boys. This starting to be a tradition, too! Brady and I have gone to the fireworks every year (except last year because Stockton was so little) since we've been dating. This was one of our first dates.
At first Stockton was enthralled by the fireworks. But, soon he got bored of them and just started running around like crazy. He was running in and out of the crowd, trying to lay on other people's blankets, trying to drink other people's drinks. It was like the fireworks brought out a little mad man in him! It was kinda funny, but so fun!

3 comments:

Sistahood said...

Fun!! Family traditions are awesome - and good for you for getting them established so early in your marriage/parenthood!

And you know that deep down you really do like country. Own it. :)

Lacey Sue said...

Wow!!! So many fun traditions!!! I love 'em! I think it's in our blood to love being outside and enjoying the warm weather, cause I love it too!! Hope the rest of your summer is as fabulous as the beginning! (p.s. Why in the world is your sweet boy growing so fast?!?! Goodness!)

Loni said...

Just took a relaxing minute to catch up on your life. It made me miss you. It has truly been forever. You look so happy. Your little man is growing up! I can't believe I haven't even met him yet. He is a darling.

Hope everything is going well for you. Hope you have a happy 4th!