Saturday, May 31, 2008

And the winner is....

Tonight Brady and I went to the Best of State Awards Gala at the Salt Palace. We had to go accept an award for my company- Reaveley Engineers. They won best Structural Engineer in the state. It was a black tie affair, I wore one of my old prom dresses, and Brady borrowed his brother, Jordan's tux. We were lookin' good! I especially loved my little purse I got to carry around. So we had a nice dinner, I went up on stage with all the other winners in the Science and Technology category (about 15 companies in engineering, web development, research, computers, etc. ) and they gave us all medals. Then they chose a winner from each category. My company has gotten best Structural Engineer for 5 or 6 years in a row and never have they gotten best in Science and Technology award. So, I figured the chances were pretty slim. But, then they announced the winners, "And the winner is.... Reaveley Engineers + Associates!" I couldn't believe it! I had to go up on stage, a video camera in my face, and give an acceptance speech in front of hundreds of people! It was so crazy!
They are going air it on Channel 2 sometime... I'll keep you all posted. But, it was awesome! Everyone was congratulating us. The statue was was sooo heavy! I could hardly carry it. But, it was a great night! We felt very important!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! That is so cool. Congratulations Revealery Engineers!

Mortons said...

Nice speech! I did see your mom in Grantsville. I was just visiting my family for Memorial Day. I heard about Peru. Man, that is crazy.

Alison said...

That is awesome! You guys look great!

Anonymous said...

You looked very nice.

Unknown said...

What the?! LOL! That is awesome! You guys are too cute.

Leenz said...

Double and triple wow!! You guys are such a handsome couple. I cried at your acceptance speech. What a fun experience.

Jess said...

Good work Rach... way to represent RE+A :)

Lacey Sue said...

Wow! That is really cool that you got to except the award...give a speech..AND carry a darling purse ;)! All-in-all a good night then!! CONGRATS!

Sistahood said...

That trophy is almost larger than you :o) Congrats!