Thursday, May 8, 2008

Peru


Hello Everyone! We are back from Peru! I know I promised to update my blog while I was in Peru, but it was pretty busy and it didn't go quite as we planned.

We went to Lima and toured the city sites, which was awesome! We got to see some great friends, members, converts, etc. Brady loved the people just like I do. Brady did great with the food, and he loved Inca Kola (the "famous" Peruvian soda pop). We visited tons of families and gave them clothes and money that we collected from friends, family, ward members, and work people. It was such an awesome experience.

But, our awesome trip came to an abrupt and disappointing end. The last day in Lima, we were robbed at gunpoint. We were in an area that I considered safe, it was in the middle of the day, and there were even kids playing in the street. We were right across the street from the family's house where I used to live. We stopped to put the map away, and two guys came up on us. They hit Brady in the head with a gun and got away with our video camera. It was a terrifying experience! Luckily Brady only had to get two stitches. We are so thankful that we are both okay and that it wasn't worse. But, after that, we were too scared to keep traveling and we got the first flight home that we could. I have never been so grateful to be in the US again. And so grateful that Brady is okay. I can't stop looking at him and hugging him! I love him so much!

Even though it ended horribly, we really did have a wonderful time. Words just can't describe the joy I felt to see my converts again...still strong and faithful in the church! I was so incredibly grateful to see them again!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Yowza. I am so grateful that you guys are okay and were able to return home safely! I love you guys!

And I'm so glad you were able to have a good trip before that happened! How neat to see all your old friends!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're ok.

The Watsons said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip for the most part! Isn't it sad to see things like that happen no matter where you are in the world. I don't know if you read my blog but we are moving up there in a couple weeks and we'll have to get together some time!

Leenz said...

What a terrfying experience! I'm so grateful that things weren't worse, and that you made it home safe.