Monday, February 23, 2009

Black is my new best friend

So, Brady used to be on Institute Council a few years ago. The old coucil members got together for a dinner on Saturday night. To say the least I was dreading meeting a bunch of new people, because I'm 7 months pregnant. So I put on my most slimming black maternity shirt (slimming maternity shirt, isn't that an oxy moron?) and a nice black sweater and we headed off. When we walked in people said hi and then a couple of the girls were looking at me then would look away when I caught them looking. Finally one girl said, "I'm so sorry, but I'm afraid to ask... but are you expecting?" I wanted to jump up and kiss her! Am I expecting? That means she wasn't sure! That is a flippin' miracle! Then she was shocked when I said I was 7 months along. Oh, I love black! I'm going to wear it everyday! That's much better than the responses I got last week when I wore a maternity shirt that looked more like a circus tent!

3 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

You make me smile Rach!!! You truly do!

Sharon said...

Awwwww... that rocks! Anything that makes you feel better and more comfortable during the last trimester is A+!!! How about a pic in black? :)

Luke and Tina said...

I just stumbled upon your blog today. You look so cute being pregnant. Congrats.
Tina