Monday, February 16, 2009

Not your typical Valentine's Day

So, I'm sure many of you spent your Valentine's Day having a romantic dinner with your hubby, or maybe exchanging Valentines with your family, or helping your kids make Valentines for their friends. How did I spend my Valentine's Day? Watching very graphic birthing videos and learning other fun things about birth! Brady and I had our Childbirth Education class ALL DAY on Saturday. It was from 9 - 5. It was Brady's idea to go to the class on Valentine's Day. He said, "What better way to spend Valentine's Day?" Well, I could think of a few! But, honestly it was a good class. I learned a few new things. And Brady learned A TON and now he's getting all pepped up for the birth of our baby. His favorite part was when they brought out the model of the pelvic bone and put the baby doll down through it and showed how it has to be in just the right position to fit through. It was like a light bulb went on for Brady, and he finally understood why birth is so painful.
But, don't worry we didn't put off all Valentine's Day celebration. We went out to dinner at Johnny Carino's, and then came home, snuggled on the couch to watch the romantic Slam Dunk contest. I actually really enjoyed it! It was good just to be home with my Love.
Poor Brady didn't feel good the next day, he was fighting a nasty cold. We went to Sacrament then he came home and went to sleep. He slept from about 9:30ish til about 2 pm. He felt a lot better after, but then as the night went on the cold moved down into his chest and he started coughing uncontrollably. He took some NyQuil, and went to bed at 9 pm. When I heard him still coughing at 1:30 am and the NyQuil hadn't kicked in, I knew something had to be done. So I got bundled up and made a run to the store to find a better medication that had an expectorant. It helped and he was able to get some sleep. But, he was up at 5 am to go ice fishing with his dad! Crazy guy. I just really hope doesn't get pneumonia!

2 comments:

Sistahood said...

We totally did one of those all day birthing classes a few weeks ago! It was fun to see Kenta's reaction watching some of those videos. It'll be interesting to see how he handles the real thing. I hope Brady is feeling much better and doesn't share his sickness with you!

Amy said...

You guys are hilarious. I can just imagine you in the very graphic childbirth class! You are SOOOO sweet to go to the store at 1:30 AM for cough medicine!! I hope Brady gets feeling better!