Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My 1st Mother's Day


I had a wonderful Mother's Day! Stockton gave me a cute homemade card and a darling Willow Tree figurine of a mom with a new baby. I love it!

We went to the Haider's for lunch. Stockton was asleep in his car seat. I looked over and Aunt Holly had put his sunglasses on him. My mom had given him the sunglasses and I had forgotten I had left them in his carseat.

Stockton started fussing and Uncle Jordan quickly calmed him down.

Then Grandpa Haider had a turn with Stockton. I love this picture. I love how Stockton is looking up at him.
Then we went out to Grantsville, Stockton's furthest trip from home yet. I love Stockton's face in this picture, he looks like a little old man.

Dallin just loves Stockton, he calls him "Stock-ston." Stockton's shirt says "Just bananas over Mommy."
The whole day was very special for me now that I am a Mother. I appreciate my Mom so much more and now I realize just how much she loves me and all that she does for me.



7 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's day! It is one of my favorite days now. I just love being able to have a day to enjoy being a mom... to be thankful to be a mother and to thank my mother(s) for all they do for me. I love it!

The Mangelson's said...

That is such a cute present that Stockton gave you. It seems you had a great day. I'm glad. I love the picture where Stockton is looking at Grandpa Haider, it seems like he is even smiling at him. What a cutie!!!

The Mangelson's said...

I forgot to say that I can't believe how much he has grown. He is getting big.

Lacey Sue said...

AH, beautiful Rachel..you deserved such a wonderful and fun 1st Mother's Day!! You are a beautiful, loving, and tender mommy!!! I love ya!

Tiff said...

What a fun Mothers Day. I can just picture you being the best mom! Stockton is very lucky to have you :)

Sistahood said...

Happy (late) first Mother's Day!! Isn't it great to be a part of "the club" now?

CAid said...

beautiful.. love it!
https://www.cekaja.com/