Sunday, December 26, 2010

David Archuleta / Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert

I tried so hard to get tickets the the MoTab Christmas concert this year. Why? Well, not because they are the best choir in the world, not because they put on one heck of a good Christmas concert... but because the guest singer this year was a someone that maybe you've heard of...his name is DAVID ARCHULETA!!!!!!! To say the least I'm a huge David Archuleta fan. (See past post.) So I was utterly disappointed when I wasn't able to get tickets. I was considering buying them, or freezing my nose hairs off in the standby line to try to get in. But, then a Christmas miracle happened. My sweet co-worker, Chuck, who knows what a Archie fan I am offered me two tickets. I have bowed to him every time I've seen him since. How can you possible thank a person enough for such a kind deed?


So knowing that Brady would probably rather get a root canal than go to a David Archuleta concert, I invited my sweet mom. We had a blast! We got uptown way early and ate a lovely dinner at Little America. Then we took TRAX up to Temple Square and enjoyed the lights. We then got to our seats a full hour and a half early. (Which it was a good thing because thousands of people didn't make it in the doors and were turned away. I had no idea that any of that was going on outside.) But, the time went by fast because the choir and dancers were still practicing because we went for their dress rehearsal performance.

David Archuleta was AMAZING! His voice is like buttah! I could have listened to Silent Night 100 times. Of course by then I wouldn't have had any more tears left. It was simply incredible. After it was all over I just wanted to sit down and watch it all over again.


My mom and I took our time getting out of there. We didn't want to fight the crowds. We meandered through Temple Square and saw the gorgeous lights. Then once we got back to Little America we were so freezing so we stopped in for some hot chocolate... and had to sneak in a slice of cheesecake, too!


It was such a wonderful night and I will never forget it! The music was amazing, the lights were so beautiful, and most of all I loved sharing the whole experience with my wonderful mom.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I wanted to go so bad! It sounds like a great time! I'm glad you got in and didn't get turned away like so many! What a nice night off!

Kara said...

so jealous!! We got there 30 minutes early (traffic, grrr!) anyways we were turned away!! I am so glad that you enjoyed it!