Sunday, November 14, 2010

San Francisco

Brady had a work conference in California last week, so we made a fun little trip out of it. We left Stockton home with grandparents for three days (the longest we've ever been away from him! It was hard, but a much needed break.) We spent two days in San Francisco. The first day we took a city tour and got to see a lot of the main sites.


Golden Gate Bridge was awesome! Can't believe they built it in 1937! How did they do it?


We took a fairy over to Sausalito and had lunch. Such a quaint little town, wish we could've had more time to spend there!


The Painted Ladies. This was one of the highlights for Brady because these houses are in the opening shots of Full House. He was so stoked that Bob Saggett had stood in this very spot! So when we got back to the hotel we had to watch all the many versions of the opening song of Full House several times on YouTube. Brady thought the painted ladies were famous because of Full House. I probably just should've let him believe that, because he was very disappointed when I said they were famous before that show and they filmed the picnic scene there because the houses are a San Francisco icon.


Stockton Street.


Lombard street. Yes we are standing in the middle of the road and that car is about to hit us. But, hey we're all tourists, so they were understanding.


Chinatown. A lot of people say they love Chinatown. I was a nervous wreck there. (Of course I'm a nervous wreck anywhere in public after a certain incident that most of you already know about. ) I think it would've been different if it weren't starting to get dark at that time. I wanted to go in some of the shops, but I was so scared for my safety I just wanted to get out of there more than anything.



We had a very romantic dinner at Scott's Seafood Grill.


The next day Brady's uncle and his family met up with us. They live about an hour and a half away from San Fran. They took us around to more sites. First we went to Muir Woods. (How does Brady have only a T-shirt on and I have two awkward jackets on?)

The Conservatory of Flowers at Golden Gate Park.
The Conservatory was GORGEOUS! So many exotic and beautiful flowers. I love orchids and there were hundreds of them in there!
Japanese Tea Gardens with Brady's uncle and cousins.
The view of the city from the top of Telegraph Hill at sunset. It was BEAUTIFUL!
Coit Tower. Too bad it was closed for renovations :(
We ended our night eating at Bubba Gumps Shrimp company (sooo yummy) and topped it off with a ice cream sundae at Ghirardelli Square.
We spend that night at Brady's Uncle's house and went to church with them the next day. I flew out Monday morning and Brady stayed for his conference for a couple of days.
It was such a fun trip! And I definitely want to go back!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Fun! I LOVED SF when I went... so much to do, so much diversity, and my sis lives there :) Glad you had a fun kid-free time!!

Tiff said...

What a perfect little gateway. And yes I agree trips without kids are very needed at times. Glad you and jealous you could get away :)

Sistahood said...

Count me as another one who had no idea the "Full House" houses were actually famous for something (other than being in the opening credits of Full House).

Wow...and three days without your kiddo. I'm totally impressed. Good for you guys to take a little time for yourselves!

Mindy said...

What a fun trip! I love the pictures! Traveling is so fun, but we haven't done nearly as much as we would like since having the boys... I hate leaving them, even for just one night! I'll bet you really enjoyed some time together though! Good job!