Saturday, September 20, 2008

2 Years Ago

Two years ago this week (September 17th, 2006) Brady proposed to me! It was the best proposal any girl could ask for. He and I had eaten at Panda Express the day before and in my fortune cookie my fortune said, "There is gold in your future." I jokingly said, "Oh, I hope it's white gold!" Well, little did I know that Brady had something up his sleeve and that fortune was the clincher. My mom called and asked us to come out to Grantsville the next day for Sunday dinner. We went out there and after dinner my dad asked us to run down to the church because he had left his binder there. I didn't think anything about it because he leaves things all the time. I thought it was a little wierd that he left it in the primary room though. But, Brady and I went down there, and Brady was just bookin' it into the church. When I went through the side door of the primary room he was like, "NO! we have to go through the middle door. " When I walked in it was dark, but I could make out the sillouette of something, then I flipped on the light to see this:

Dozens of roses and pictures of us from when we were kids up until now and a giant picture of us and the temple!


Before I could even register what was going on, Brady was on one knee and had the ring on my finger. I started balling! Then I looked at the ring and saw that it was the exact one that I had secretly picked out with my sister! I couldn't believe it! Come to find out Brady had set up the whole shopping trip where me and my sister "just happened" to go into a jewelry store and I "just happened" to look at rings, and I "just happened" to find the perfect one!

Anyway, it was amazing! The reason why it was significant in that primary room, is because that's where we met when we were just little. I can't believe it's been two years already! Time flies when you're with your eternal love. And now two years later we are expecting a baby! So exciting!

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Your right, that is a totally beautiful proposal!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful memory for the two of you!