Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Christmas Surprise

My parents have had the same old raggedy Christmas tree for as long as I have lived, and much longer than that! I think that thing came across the plains with the pioneers, and it was getting pretty worn out. So, this year for Christmas we all decided to go in and buy my mom a new Christmas Tree and new ornaments and decorate it for her. She already had some pretty "frosted" fruit ornaments that she got a few years ago, so we just added to those. And we added some photo ornaments with a picture of each family.

It worked out great. Yesterday my mom had been asking my dad to get the Christmas Tree up, and my dad just ignored her. Then this morning, my sister, two of my sisters-in-law, Niki, Rachel , and I met at my parents house. My mom had had a really rough night last night, so she was still asleep. We quietly set up the tree and had quite of few of the decorations up before she woke up. She first saw Rebecca's baby, Brock and was wondering what the heck was going on. Then when she saw us all and what we were doing, she just burst into tears! She was so grateful. She sat back and let us finish decorating the tree, and the whole house and loved every second of it!

5 comments:

Megan said...

That was so sweet of you! What a nice surprise!!!

Lacey Sue said...

You guys are so sweet to your cute mom! And the tree turned out darling!!

Mindy said...

That is so cute of you! It looks great!

Sharon said...

Love it! That is so nice of you guys to do that for your mom!

When are you going to find out what you are having?!?! I have been checking every day and I am dying to know!

Amy said...

Oh that is so sweet. The tree is beautiful!