Sunday, November 14, 2010

Halloween Festivities


The Friday before Halloween we went to Gardner Village. Stockton loved just running around and seeing all the witches.


He was facinated with the witch flying on a bike.


We celebrated Halloween on Saturday like most Utahns. During the day we went to Haiders and picked out pumpkins from their garden to carve.

The Haiders had a HUGE pumpkin they had grown in their garden, it weighed 86.2 lbs. Check out the size of that "plug" compared to a normal pumpkin!
Stockton loved the big Jack-o-Lantern! It was bigger than him!
Brady carved a scary pumpkin and I carved one that looked like Elmo for Stockton. (On a side note: Yes, that is my mom in the background. Why is she at my in-laws house you ask? Well, it's because they were on their way to my sister's house and wanted to stop and see Stockton in his costume, so they came over to the Haiders since we were over there.)
Stockton loved his Elmo pumpkin. Turned out pretty good.
And Brady's was scary! It looked great!

It was such a cold, rainy night. We only took Stockton trick-or-treating to two houses. Then we snuggled in and had "Dinner in a pumpkin."


It's basically ground beef, rice, mushrooms seasoned with Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce, either one) and brown sugar baked in a pumpkin. My friend Eli first made it for us a couple of years ago and it's kinda become a Halloween tradition. It's so yummy!
We only had a few trick-or-treaters. I had enough candy to give each of them a whole bag... but I didn't... so we now have a life time supply of peanut butter cups.
After Stockton went to bed, Brady and I watched a scary movie called "Stevie." Why is it that we love to scare ourselves out of our whits? I don't know exactly, but it's tradition.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

holy huge pumpkin! Looks like fun though, we didn't carve a single one this year, I'm still kind of sad about that! I love your nerd costume, you are so funny!