Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lagoon


A few weeks ago my sister and I took our kids to Lagoon at the spur of the moment. The weather was perfect and it was so much fun!


I took the older kids on a couple of the big rides. This is in line for "The Bat." I told Ashley and Emily to look scared... and these are the faces I got. (It's actually pretty typical, because Ashley isn't afraid of anything!)


Stockton on the ONLY ride I could get him to go on by himself. After this my sister took him for a little while and it freaked him out to be away from his mommy. So after that he would only go on rides with me. So he wouldn't go on the boats...


...but, he went on the mini Tidal Wave... go figure. He loved being with his cousin Brock. He says "Bock." He had to have "Bock" in his sight at all times. It was so cute!




Frightmares was going on and there were some pretty scary things hangin' around.


We went on this new ride Odysea, well it was new to me at least.


Stockton loved it until he got squirted in the head with a stream of water. Mommy didn't realize she had to control the the fish we were riding in to dodge the spitting sea animals!
So then we thought we'd go on the carousel... pretty safe right? Nice and calm for Stockton... no spitting dolphins or anything.

Stockton choose this horse to ride on. I should've taken the first clue that it was a bad choice because it was the tallest one on the whole ride. Stockton was scared while we were strapping him on, but there was a funny guy next to us that told him to "Hold on tight!" and got him to laugh.
But, then the ride started. Oh boy! Stockton was NOT havin' it! He started to bail off the horse, but he was strapped on. I was trying to hold him on, and he was kicking and screaming and pulling at my hair, knocking my sunglasses off, I could hardly reach him on the horse, it's goin' up and down, we're going round and round, and my sister is laughing her head off at me. Then they STOPPED the ride for us!!!
I switched Stockton to a much safer, stationary, and LOWER tiger. And off we went, it was MUCH better the second time around.

Stockton didn't dare ride the cars, but he braved Puff the Magic Dragon. This was his face the whole ride. (Reminds me of the home videos we have of my brother Dustin on Thunder Mountain Rail Road when he was five.)


And notice the death grip on the bar. But, after the ride he would clap his hands and say "Yay!!!!" So I guess he liked it.

We all piled in for a train ride.
And after that, Stockton was pooped. It was such a fun day and we created so many fun memories!

No comments: