Sunday, March 9, 2008

Three Most Important People

Today I had a very tender experience that I will never forget. I went out to Grantsville for Stake Conference. I always like going to support my dad, because he is the Stake President. He puts so much time, effort, and prayer into Stake Conference and it's always a pleasant experience. But, today was very special, because my mom was sustained as the 1st Counselor in the Stake RS. Afterwards, she and the other members of the RS presidency were set apart. It was very special because my dad set her apart and right before he started he asked if my husband, Brady would join them in setting her apart. So there they were- the three most important people in my life- My father setting apart my mother, with my husband in the circle. At that moment I couldn't stop my tears, feeling so grateful for my righteous parents and for their love and examples. And for my sweet husband that is worthy to participate in Priesthood responsibilities. My father set her apart and gave her the sweetest blessing, that was truly inspired. This was small evidence of how blessed I am to be born of goodly parents and to have a great husband. This moment was certainly a tender mercy of the Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat experience!

Sharon said...

How neat. Thanks for sharing. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!