Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Peru or Bust... or should I say Barf?

Incase you haven't heard, Brady and I are going to PERU!!! I'm so excited I can't even stand it!It's been over two years since I've been home and I'm so excited to go back and visit. So I thought it would be a good idea to give Brady a little taste of Peruvian food, so he knew what to expect. So last night we went to eat at a Peruvian restaurant. Brady ordered Tallerines Saltado- which is sauteed chicken, tomatoes, and onions over pasta- pretty normal. And he liked it. When we were ordering he jokingly said, "I'm going to get this one" and pointed to something that looked like this.....

But, he had no idea that I was going to order that dish. It's called aji de gallina- and is one of my favorite Peruvian dishes. It's shredded chicken in a creamy garlic and peanut sauce. It's really not as bad as it looks.

Brady really liked his meal, but the more he watched me eating my meal, the more he got grossed out. I talked him into trying it, hoping that he would see that it's really not as bad as it looks. Boy, what a mistake! He was totally sicked out once he tasted it, he said it just looked so much like puke, that it didn't matter what it tasted like. The more he talked about puke, the more I wanted to puke. So we both got sicked out. We both really enjoyed our meals, but we left completely discusted and grossed out. And the two gay guys that sat across from us and were checking out Brady the whole time didn't help settle our stomaches either!But, at least Brady knows what he's in for when we go to Peru.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! That's a great story. When are you two headed to Peru?--I had no idea you were going. I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear stories about the food once you get there :)